Busy Bee Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning Inc., is one of the fastest growing private companies in Middle Tennessee with more than 40 trucks on the road and 50 associates Busy Bee, is expanding our teams, products, services and infrastructure to optimize the customer experience. The role of an HVAC Service Technician is to deliver exceptional HVAC service maintenance on residential heating and air conditioning systems and to oversee the work of the HVAC Service Apprentice to ensure all work is performed correctly and is reflective of Busy Bee’s values.
Pay Rate: $18 - $30 an hour
- Perform a thorough and accurate HVAC inspection including Health and Safety Checklist and communicate findings to the customer in a written option sheet.
- Perform all HVAC repairs and replacements to applicable codes.
- Facilitate order for all parts required for appointments and ensure preparedness for the day of service.
- Transport materials and tools to the job site and provide proper accounting of assigned tools.
- Effectively communicate with the customer regarding questions, concerns and problems.
- Inform the manager if the customer does not have HVAC service before leaving the call.
- Facilitate rescheduling customer appointments, if the call is not complete.
- Train, coach and mentor apprentices.
- Always maintain a courteous demeanor with customers and associates.
- Manage operational metrics including average invoice total, callback ratios and labor margins.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 to 5 years of verifiable work experience in the HVAC industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the fundamental operational functionality of residential air conditioning, heating, and
- ventilation equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot problems with refrigerant, electrical, and duct systems on HVAC equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer tablet, smart phone and read a map or follow GPS.
- EPA Certified.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- NATE Certification preferred.
- HVAC certification or Diploma preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and approved to drive by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Willing to work hours outside of a normal work schedule and on call schedule.
- Competitive Bonus Structure
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance Policy
- 401k matching
- Company paid vacation/holidays.
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly paycheck
Everyone is required to submit to a pre-employment background check, MVR check and drug screen prior to job offer.