Fall can be a time for immense change. The leaves might start to change, the temperatures will drop, and kids are on their way back to school. Things can quickly start to change around your home without you realizing it.
We’d like to add one more thing to your “list of changes” this fall, and that’s your HVAC system. As temperatures go from hot to mild, this is a moment of respite from the constant heatwaves and other record-breaking weather we’ve had. This is the perfect moment to take a second to evaluate the condition, strength, and efficiency of your air conditioner, while also working to clean it and set it up for success.
We’d argue that, when it comes to air conditioning in Nashville, this is the only checklist you’ll need this fall!
Step-by-Step Guide to Success
It’s not just about having an air conditioning system that works, or that runs as cheaply as possible—it’s about setting yourself up for success, year after year. Total home comfort requires a multi-lateral approach, and we’d argue that customers need to think outside of the box in order to get the best comfort for their money.
So, let’s get right down to business!
- Evaluate your home comfort. First, just take a moment to feel the air in your home. If you’ve been having trouble with your home comfort recently, then that will immediately come to mind. An air conditioner that’s struggling will likely only be able to slightly keep your home comfortable, and that’s not really good enough. Schedule a maintenance appointment to see if your AC needs to be fixed, maintained, or upgraded.
- Examine your energy bills. How were your energy bills this year? Yes, they were likely high, but that’s also because we’ve had record-breaking heatwaves this year. Think about whether they were untenable, and whether there’s a trend of your AC becoming less efficient over time.
- Clean around your AC, inside and out! Take this opportunity to clean around your air conditioner. The outdoor cabinet has probably been covered with debris, pebbles, sticks, and dust, and it might even have critters nesting around it. Be sure to treat your indoor AC components with the same care!
- Think about your home’s indoor air quality. This is a great time to evaluate your home’s indoor air quality. Maybe what your home needs isn’t AC repair, but a new air purifier to make things feel more clean and comfortable.
- Look at your thermostat closely. Do you have an old analog or digital thermostat that isn’t highly responsive? It might be time to upgrade this component, which can benefit your home comfort system overall.
- Talk to the family and explore your options. Take some time to talk to the family about how they felt this summer. Did they think the AC was lacking in power? This is a valuable set of opinions to take into account.
- Invest in maintenance. Don’t forget to schedule heating and cooling maintenance this year with our team of professionals!
By following this checklist, you’ll be set up for success.
Make sure you contact Busy Bee Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning Inc. for help with your air conditioning, heating, or indoor air quality needs. 100% more than satisfied promise!